Wednesday, September 7

 

JOINT ACTION RESCUES AMERICAN/IRAQI HOSTAGES

September 7, 2005
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- At approximately 11:20 a.m. Sept. 7, Coalition Forces rescued American Roy Hallums and an Iraqi citizen from captivity in an isolated farm house located 15 miles south of Baghdad. The identity of the other man is being withheld pending notification of his family by the Iraqi government. Hallums is in good condition and is receiving medical care. Hallums had been held since being kidnapped at gunpoint from the offices of his employer in the Monsour district of Baghdad on November 1, 2004.

Information provided by an Iraqi detainee in Coalition custody lead to the breakthrough. Coalition Forces immediately planned and executed a raid on the farm house to capitalize on the information before Hallums could be moved to another location.

Mr. Hallums provided this statement following his rescue: “I want to thank all of those who were involved in my rescue – to those who continuously tracked my captors and location, and to those who physically brought me freedom today. To all of you, I will be forever grateful. Both of us are in good health and look forward to returning to our respective families. Thank you to all who kept me and my family in their thoughts and prayers.”

Story LINK

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?